Monday, March 9, 2009

Premature Hysteria

So back in December I was stoked at the idea of a C slash E Renaissance. And "stoked" doesn't even begin to describe the ridiculous amount of quasi sugar-induced giddiness that burbled forth from my zealous little school girl heart. I'd like to say that most of that excitement blossomed from a sense of dedication to the C/E legacy, but I think we all know that in truth I was desperate to do anything that didn't involve studying for finals. Anyhow, long story short, I think I used up my quota for excitement in the 45 minutes it took me to set up this blog which explains why it didn't, err, prosper like I quite imagined it would. So bottom line is that It took me about 3 months (and possibly another Finals week...) to recharge my blogging-battery and start writing in this again. So here I go.

Um, well now that I've written that I don't feel like there is too much to say. Just yet, at least. So I'm going to make a Top 5 List to justify this entry.

Top 5 Most Overrated Tidbits of American Pop Culture
5. Crash
You know there is something wrong with the universe when it lets a movie with Sandra Bullock, Tony Danza, Brendan Fraser, Ludacris, AND Ryan Phillipe win Best Picture. I mostly felt like this movie got so much hype because people were afraid that not liking it made them racist, so everyone exaggerated its greatness. And before anyone gets upset with my reasoning just remember one thing- Brendan Fraser.

4. iPhones
I won't be impressed until they come with built-in jet packs or invisibility cloaks. Or, hey, maybe even when they start to work properly. Novel, eh?

3. In-N-Out
I'm going to get shot for this, but I'll stand my ground. Too greasy, the milkshakes taste like nothing, and the fries are only good half the time. Plus it takes like 10 years to get your food, and I feel like I need to take a shower after I eat it. 

2. Thomas Kinkade
 (insert exasperated sigh here)

1. Perks of Being a Wallflower
Please, let's rip off Catcher in the Rye (also, somewhat overrated, to today's standards at least) a LITTLE bit more. Oh, and also, I'm convinced that a bowl of cold oatmeal could have produced a more intriguing/less trite novel than this piece of stolen garbage.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment