Wednesday, December 9, 2009

reasons to cross your fingers


Judge me not, for I am excited to see the Princess and the Frog. I'm sure it won't be any Little Mermaid or Lion King, but clearly there was a proper effort in place in regard to the animation, which is........... really all that matters in the world of me (is there any other world?).
Kidding of course, story is important too.. but from an animation-obsessed perspective such as my own, animation is the key ingredient to my appeasement.

The film is not only the first return to traditional 2D animation since that bullshit Disney cow-movie I refuse to reference, but is clearly the first black Disney princess (Who'd have thought in our baby steps toward a more egalitarian society one of the hurdles would have anything to do with Disney princesses. Oh the omnipotence of Disney)!

Essentially this film has a lot of responsibility in regard to both re-establishing the use of the traditional 2D animation medium (the superior style [fact]) and presenting the first black Disney princess.

Come on Musker/Clements withhold your honor as American animation icons, DON'T BRING ME DOWN (Bruuuce).

No comments:

Post a Comment