Friday, April 24, 2009

FML

Have all of you millions and billions of readers out there heard of this new craze called, "FML", or, "Fuck My Life"?
It's really great. The essential purpose of the entire idea is to allow a person the opportunity to feel really sorry for themselves on the internet (we already have LJ people), with the logical analysis being, "fuck my life". A justified closing thought.
Let me provide you with an example, specifically, the last entry posted on www.fmylife.com
"Today, I woke up to go to school. I was unbelieveably tired, but I gathered the courage to go take my shower. I then proceeded to take a long shower, clean up my room, get dressed, and eat breakfast. Going back to my room, I looked at the clock, which read 3:22AM. FML."
Okay, so I'm going to take this as a pretty typical entry on the fmylife webiste.
Let's start with a critical analysis: 1) Never thought to check your clock? Is that really a result of external events or were you really so brainless that it never occurred to you that throughout the entire procession of events you had apparently undertook the sun never even seemed to glimmer at the edge of the horizon?.. Is your class at 4 in the morning? Did you wake up and really just.. not check the clock? 2) does this traumatic life event really deserve a "fuck my life" conclusion? If so, I'm surprised you're still alive.
But really, this isn't about that one post, that post is just an archetype of our generation. A really pathetic, technology dependent, mentally stunted, unambitious, egocentric generation.
And that's not to imply that I don't carry a number of those traits in myself being, sadly enough, of this generation.
Anyway, "FML" has gotten incredibly popular in a very short period of time, it's like Myspace2 from what I can tell. There are T-shirts of which I've seen and wanted to slap people and shake them into sense. And there are already copycat sites used for the same reasons.
I'd really prefer a "FYou" website where I could make an entry directed toward "Fmylife".
This is one of the most poorly directed entries that could have ever been constructed, but whatever, fuck my life ::takes out father's shotgun and blasts head into hundreds of bloody chunks which splatter across the bedroom window that is witnessed by a child who proceeds to write the only legitimate "Fmylife" ever written::.

And on a lighter note: A COMPLETELY UNRELATED PRETTY IMAGE I FOUND ON DEVIANART 2 SECONDS AGO!


1 comment:

  1. Dude, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I kept seeing people posting "FML" on facebook entries and I had no idea what it meant. I thought it was a magazine (...yea i don't know how i came to that conclusion) and then i looked it up on urban dictionary. I had no idea there was a WEBSITE dedicated to complaining......

    ReplyDelete