Friday, April 3, 2009

this is why.

I just spent the past couple of hours (cough) watching Ren & Stimpy episodes off the internet and it really makes a lot of sense. I mean, not the show, but in relation to the existence of CslashE.
I think Courtney and I had always admitted to this, but having watched Ren & Stimpy once again only reaffirmed how heavily it influenced us and how likely it related to why we were somewhat, shall I say.. ostracized in middle school?
I remember every single day during both recess and lunch Courtney and I would rush to leave the immediate campus and go to the furthest corner of the baseball field to draw cartoons of various classmates exploding only to find ourselves suffocating with laughter in that sad little corner of ours. Evvverrryy sinnngggllleee dayyy for at least all of 7th and 8th grade with some continuation over the summer before high school. I remember for a brief period in 9th grade attemping to continue with our numerous comic books dipicting ourselves as dogs, skunks, whatever be it and our classmates as trees, burgers, dinosaurs et cetera.
I think sadly we had to finally succumb to the fact that continuing our comics would lead toward a kind of social exile no one could wish upon themselves in high school.
Anyway, I love our past because we were complete losers, but at least we were imaginative losers, right? Regardless, I would like to thank Ren & Stimpy for making us the socially retarded individuals we are today ^_^.




1 comment: