Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hypnotized by Asia

I am what most people consider "cheap".
My attempt at clothes shopping usually (always) consists of journeying to Target, holding up a gray T-shirt and pondering the $15 price for about 20 minutes, only to eventually rationalize to myself that the gray T-shirt is unnecessary and already composes ninety-percent of my current wardrobe.
(Back in the day my pondering was often cut short by Taylor contributing, "Hmm.. gray T-shirt.." or "Didn't you say you wanted to buy something that didn't look like everything you already own?" or "No.")
Also before I walk out of the store a gray and any-color striped T-shirt often strikes my eye and another 20 minutes of my life is forever wasted contemplating the importance of that T-shirt versus a loss of $15 (that could have gone toward sushi) in my life.

I only venture through this boring explanation of my pointless life because I simply cannot understand how I am so cheap, yet when I run across web pages like this I suddenly struggle.

I... want the sad cloud earrings. I want the grumpy kitty earrings. I want the sushi earrings. Why? I don't know.. I don't even WEAR earrings!

CURSE YOU ASIA!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. ahaha, that was great. I dont ever remember going, "hmm" but I do remember saying that you always said you wanted to buy stuff that was different from what you already owned. Alas, I too am victim to the same syndrome, since I mostly buy black t-shirts. Any jeans. And I wear only Vans. I think getting old will be easy, I already wear pretty much the same thing everyday!

    ReplyDelete