Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Food Times




The other day Mikey came home from work with a totally rad surprise for me-- My very own Whole Foods team member discount card! I get 20% off of everything in the store. Thank you, Whole Foods benefits program! Needless to say, I have already put that little piece of plastic to good use. This past weekend alone I have baked banana bread, sugar cookies, and lemon cookies, all of which were delish, though nothing out of the ordinary because I tend to bake sweets on a regular basis. I did break out of my shell a bit and I made some roasted red peppers stuffed with a crimini mushroom and parmesan risotto. 
Oh. My. God.
 I'm not sure if they tasted so good because they actually were, or if the taste of my pride was overpowering all the flavors of the dish itself. I didn't even follow a recipe, which I personally think is the best part.




These pictures don't make the food look very appetizing (I have terrible lighting in my apartment), and even with the discount I don't really want to spend extra money on parsley or rosemary sprigs just to use as a garnish for my food. That, and I really dislike when food is garnished with something edible that you're not even supposed to eat! How wasteful. I think next time I will sprinkle some green onions on top to add some more color and flavor. Oh, or maybe a little bit of lemon zest and nutmeg! Ugh, now I'm just making myself hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment