Sunday, November 8, 2009

Playlist of the Week

I had this past 2 weeks off due to a minor, uh, unemployment issue. In that time I rushed off to family in Texas, picked up my crochet hook, sold a buttload of clothes off at Buffalo Exchange (and ended up with a rad new mustard yellow purse! sweet!), rearranged and cleaned my apartment (Ok, well Mikey did most of the cleaning and rearranging, but I like to think of myself as a creative influence), got a NEW job (again, Huzzah!), and developed an addiction to this playlist on my iTunes. Now I can't leave my apartment without my iPod, and when I'm in the privacy of my home/car I catch myself singing along, which is REALLY rare for me because I am well aware that I am utterly and hopelessly tone deaf. I spent way too much a totally acceptable amount of time organizing this list. It brought me back to the first time I had a computer with a CD burner and I would spend HOURS making the perfect mixes for myself and friends. Anyhow, the list is as follows:

Phoenix - Liztomania
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
Regina Spektor - Apres Moi
Beirut - Mimizan
Metric - Raw Sugar
Yeasayer - Tightrope
Of Montreal - Oslo in the Summertime
TV on the Radio - Dancing Choose
Beirut - Nantes
Tegan and Sara - Back in your Head
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Animal Collective - My Girls
The Decemberists - Los Angeles, I'm Yours
Kate Nash - Foundations
Stars - Ageless Beauty
Rilo Kiley - With Arms Outstretched


I have a feeling I've probably ended many a playlist with that same Rilo Kiley song, it just seems to have that nice sense of an end to it, but c'est la vie.

1 comment: